February 24, 2010

Up and Running

My First Blog - An Introduction

Tired of ranting on Facebook and the like, and forever seeing things that I have strong opinions on, I have decided that it's time I had a blog.

I'm not going to stick to any one theme - I may write about my time out here in South Korea as an English teacher, or about something political in the world or the UK (my home country), or about English and Scottish football. Or anything.

I recently ranted, listed, really, some of my pet hates on my Facebook, and as a way of introduction, I have reporoduced them below. Please bear in mind, when reading, that these were written for fun. They are all true, these are some of my pet hates, but please, save your psychoanalysis - I am not having a bad day/week/life. They are just the (few) things that get up my nose. Here goes...


1) Massive Attack. Most over rated band of all time. For some godfuck only knows [reason], you weren't allowed to be cool in the 1990s unless you liked massive attack. But they were a bit shit really. There are loads I hate way more than MA btw...


2) People who retrospectively apply political correctness to things that happened ages ago, like Al Jolson painting his face black. Eh? Get a life you fucking trumpet...

...he was a good singer.

Emmmmmmmm

3) Local musicians / media 'personalities (none of my FB friends icyww) whom, devoid and the ability to be friendly in the normal way, decide to develop a set of idiosyncrasies that can only be described as....random. In other words, people (musicians trying to 'make it' usually) who act weird just for the fucking sake of it. To be continued. Oh I suppose I could have a FB one b4 i go. 4) People who think 'Im tired. Going to bed' or 'Im bored' etc is worthy of worldwide announcement on FB or twitter. It isn't, I get tired and go to bed every day, and in fact Im going now. Hate that :)

5) People who think Wikipedia is rubbish. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Sure, it's has its flaws and errors, but it's a fantastic website. It
s not a study aid, its a little info about a lot of things. If u think wiki is rubbish, you are an idiot.

6) People who hate certain celebs. So what? Hating them is giving them as much time/thought as idolising them. Also, people who hate certain celebs just
and only because everyone else does. Mick Hucknall, Craig David and Jeremy Oliver spring to mind. "OOOoooooh let's all hate them! Why? Fuck knows, everyone else does so I do too." Losers.

7) Puffer jackets, pre-faded jeans, and that fucking stupid scarf knot that Paolo Maldini/D. Beckham/ twatz always wear. etc. Just because it looks twendy on the tellybox doesn't mean you've gotta do it, does it? Use yer own taste and wear what you like.

8) When people say/type "could of" instead of "could've". Fer gawd's sake!!! I will have. I may have. I could OF? People who do this probably don't know when the second world war was, or what 'metric system' means. More interested in shoes or Burberry.

9) Chavvy fuckwits who think they can a) e.g. shout endless abuse at teachers/staff all day long, then expect to get that staff sacked if they called them 'an idiot' back. b) Who think it's ok to go, say, happy slapping, then want to make an assault charge if they got slapped back. Vigilante squads are the answer for these brainless, retarded -refuse-education ill-respecting buckethead wanker chavs. [Afterthought
I almost really mean this. Having worked in some very bad schools in the UK, the pervasive antagonistic attitude of youth these days is a serious problem.]

10) Showtunes/Musicals/and the whole fucking poncey lot of it. Nothing against gays or the theatre, but musicals? Showtunes? I HATES 'em!!!


11) Boybands and Girlbands. Now we are, none of us, immune to a catchy pop song. But the whole thing is just too dominant now, and is ripping whatever culture is left out of...well....everything. Young people making music was always about rebellion, wasn't it? Or am I just being naive? Anyway, boy/girlbands, and all they stand for. Hates 'em. with a passion.


see the original unedited, typo-laden, entry on my Facebook, here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/wynnepaul

So there you go! My first blog. Slightly tongue in cheek. Please don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment