April 27, 2011

Facebook Obsessives. STFU.

Recently, there has been a spate of people, friends of mine, and in some cases that's 'Facebook friends' more than real-life friends, and by that I mean that I know them more (not 'only') on Facebook, than in real life, who seem to be taking Facebook far too seriously, blaming it for everything awry in their lives.

Ironically, these people who are signing off from Facebook, or refusing to sign up at all, or taking long leaves of absence, are, in my opinion, the ones guilty of taking it far too seriously. In my opinion THEY are the ones giving Facebook far more attention than it deserves. It
's just a website. Manage your time better!

As an exile FB is great for me for keeping in touch, seeing my family
's photos and so on. I enjoy a couple of the games on there, chess particularly, and I cannot understand why so many people blame it for anything at all. It's just a website. A medium. Blaming the medium is like having an argument with someone over the phone, and blaming the phone.

Personally, I think it
's a kind of trend to 'dislike' Facebook. A bit like it's trendy to disown 'lol' and other acronyms of the ilk. "Oh, that Facebook, I'm spending far too much time on it, I'm gonna be cool and sign off. Everyone will think I'm forward thinking." Fuck off. Lame attempts at bohemian exista (I just invented a word, deal with it) are, simply, for cunts. Oh, you thought this was a wordy diatribe? That there would be no calling people cunts? You were wrong. Don't blame the fucking medium. I hate those cunts who will ONLY wear Birkenstock sandals, who will ONLY have an i-pod with 85000 songs on it (mine's got 500, songs that I actually like, and some new stuff to check out I'm not a fucking memory man), who will only wear Stussy t-shirts. They're the CUNTS who'll be signing off FB and telling the world what trend-setters they are. Incidentally, these are the same people far-too-fucking-cool (they think) to use 'lol'. Get it straight they are the fucking lamoes, not you.

6 comments:

  1. Good point well made, ya cunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is a weird one and poses a strange dichotomy. Some things/posts/people just plain annoy me...no, I'm not interested you're having a bacon sarny for lunch/just finished the ironing or other mundane task or activity...spare me please. However I do feel myself drawn to it, like some insipid, irresistible scab that has to be picked. Part of ‘its’ allure is it also taps into our basic human psyche and fulfils that most primordial instinct and behaviour...we’re all nosey bastards and like to see what our old peers/acquaintances/friends/ex’s etc are getting up to. Maybe that’s just me though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod, about half of my FB friends are banned from posting anything on my wall as, like you say, I don't care if they've just had a bacon sarnie. Worst anes for me were "I'm bored", "I'm hungry", or "I'm away to bed". FFS! I do those things every day along with everyone else - I don't feel the need to tell the world about it. ***Breaking news. Some chunt just went to bed!***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah, just asking to get banned bud. Other potential ban-ees include peeps who post this kind of drivel: 'If you know anyone who has ever posted, or know someone who has been thinking about posting, even if you don't know them but think they may post, then please post this as your status' ....errr...BANNED!!

    ReplyDelete