October 27, 2011

Just When You Thought...

It seems, sometimes, that every time I try to do something positive for myself, the world conspires against me to stop me achieving it! Let me give you an example.

A few years ago I was walking under some scaffolding alongside a building when a disabled person started walking towards me. I, trying to be a good Samaritan, did everything I could to get out of the way of this person, and let him by. I proceeded to walk on, only for my brand new, expensive jacket to snag on the scaffolding and tear from shoulder to waist! I hate it when you do something positive, and the world shits in your mouth!

Now I
m not moping, I have a wry smile writing this, Im not depressed but check this lot out

Four weeks ago I started studying for an online Masters Degree. In the first week my PC monitor went kaput and I had to fork out for a new one. Since then, my 500GB hard drive, which I
ve had for years with no problem, has also been on the blink.

One of my best friends back home died of cancer after a long illness. Not good.

I was told I have demo class (very stressful and time consuming) two weeks ago, right in the middle of my studying
normally you would get six weeks notice for a demo class.

My demo class was today, and this morning before setting off to work I opened an email from my sister to say my poor old mother has been hospitalised!

Now, world, why don
t you stop it! My mum doesnt deserve to be ill, I didnt need all the computer problems (why now??!!?), my friend didnt deserve to die, and you should have told me about open class bloody months ago! (it went OK but I lost so much study time grrrrr).

Oh, and I have a cold.

Get well soon Mum. Love you.

Rest of the world? Kiss my arse until you can treat me better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment