August 07, 2010

Days You'll Never Forget

You go travelling to have a good time right?

Today is Saturday - yesterday here in Thailand I hooked up with some random Aussie guys and just hung around and got drunked (no typo). I did a little cultural stuff - I went to an art gallery for example, but I didn't do too much because I didn't get up till 3pm.

Because I wanna tell you about Thursday.

I booked a trip to the bridge on the River Kwai. Heartbreaking stuff - a war cemetry with literally thousands of 'our boys' buried. The graveyard was in pristine, thankfully, condition. I was happy about that. But seeing all those graves, and knowing how those, our, guys suffered and died...well....it was a sombre moment. I'm welling up now typing this.

Then a walk over the new bridge - they destroyed the original, though remnants remain.

Then a trip on the train itself, over some bridges carved through rock - heaven knows how many people died to carve their way through. I've no regrets that we nuked the Japs. None. And I've been to Nagasaki and seen first-hand the destruction that was dished out. Fuck 'em. I know what they did to us building that railway, and other things (Google the rape of Nanking) they did that to our lads. Rotten, rotten bastards. Nuked and deservedly so.

Then we went riding on elephants. My new favourite things - elephants. Huge, beautiful gentle creatures. I'm thinking of taking one home - wonder what customs will say?

"Anything to declare?"

"No."

I also fixed up a date with a Korean lady I met.

Then to a waterfall and frollicking around with another Korean lady I met.

I arranged to meet Korean lady numero uno at 8.30, and the second at 9pm in case the first didn't turn up. She did and I stood up the second, which I felt terrible about as she was really nice. Hey ho. I've apologised by email.

Turns out the one I met was a 'nice girl' - there's nothing wrong with that - but it wasn't what I was looking for, being on holiday and all. You understand right? So we shook hands about midnight and politely went our separate ways - her home to bed and me to....

Patpong!!

Aptly named, as it's where they do all the ping pong shows. Those women are NAUGHTY! How can you project a ping pong ball that far, from there? And blow smoke? And blow out candles? And they were hot girls too!

My night got even naughtier after that with a beautiful 28 year old Thai lady (NOT ladyboy!). She knew what she was doing, and that's about all I can say on here. My mum could be reading this!

So that was Thursday!

To the pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment