August 03, 2010

Today.....


....is the 3rd and 4th of August. I say two days because in the last 24-odd hours i've been in three countries - South Korea, the Philippines and Thailand, and crossed a couple of time zones. My destination was the last, but I had a SEVEN HOUR stopover in Manila which was a fucking draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag! And a half.

Manila airport is shit. It's like Humberside airport with cigar kiosks. Spending seven hours there was nothing short of suicide inducing. They had a special room - a big room - for long stopover guests (idiots) like me, and they laid on free booze, and food, as much as you could eat or drink - so it wasn't all bad - but they didn't warn me that the air conditioning would make everywhere minus-10 degrees, I swear I've got hypothermia.

So My day has consisted of, since midnight:

Sleeping in Seoul airport for six hours(great place for that kind of thing)
A four hour flight
Seven hours of temperatures that would have sent Captain Oates on a wander, though he would have had some nice cigars.
Another four hour flight.
Rats in Thailand.

Had less strange days.

2am here now.

Bonjour.

1 comment:

  1. thats quite a cute rat btw...still i wouldn't want it nibbling at my nuts whilst i was sleeping

    Manilia aiport sounds like Jakarta..a fucking shithole if ever there was one..
    noted I will pack a woolly sweater should i ever have to stop over there...the free booze has sold me!

    i was in tesco here in korea the other day
    they had the sampling stations for cass..and I mean a decent cup sized sample ...i reckon I had the equivalent of 3 cans free of charge wondering about. kept going to different sampling stations as they were all over the place

    a typical scot!

    ReplyDelete