June 02, 2010

DUNDEE UNITED WON THE SCOTTISH CUP!!



DUNDEE UNITED WON THE SCOTTISH CUP!! (I know, it was two weeks ago, but I've been celebrating)

The Scottish Cup probably means very little to anyone reading this that isn’t Scottish, although, I’m not myself. English football fans will see it as also-ran trophy in an also-ran league, and to some extent, that’s true.

Here are a few statistics about the cup itself:

The loathsome, sectarian-riddled ‘Old Firm’ of Rangers (spit) (33) and Celtic (spit) (34) have won the trophy the most times between them. No surprise there. It’s amazing what crowd numbers, and therefore finance, blind hatred can generate.

The actual trophy is the oldest national trophy in world sport, at 125 years old.

The crowd at the 1937 final between Celtic and Aberdeen, which was 147 365, is a European record.

My team, Dundee United, are the current holders! And I can’t tell you how much that means!

2 comments:

  1. amen to all of that, i disagree on one point though ...the spl being an also ran league.

    I mean ,everything in life is viewed in perspective and from my perspective La liga , seria a are also= ran leagues cause they invoke no emotion

    utds win , our joy brought us free booze in the bar...i never saw any chelsea supporting chunts receive any free booze for the way they supported their team....

    dundee are less popular than chelsea but are loved much more i can tell you that. how many chelsea fans would disappear if they won nowt for 16 years..

    ReplyDelete
  2. edit...dundee united not dundee phew...that was spotted too late...its time for me beauty sleep

    ReplyDelete