June 23, 2010

I’m Done With A Particular Section of My Ex-Life

Quite a few years ago, before my Uni days, I did quite a bit of DJ’ing in my home town of Hull, East Yorkshire.

Before I did this, I had never made an enemy in my life. I grew up first in Hull and surrounding, and then in Scotland, and then back to Hull as a young adult of around 19.

I can revisit all of those places, and all of those people I met with great fondness and happy memories. Nobody gets along with everyone of course, but I had a great time, and still keep in touch with pretty much everyone from those days and eras. I can go back and be welcomed in pre-Dj’ing Hull, or Scotland any time.

Right up until I had a little local, small, success, and it was small, I was everyone’s ‘best mate’. I DJ’d in Hull for around 3 or 4 years before starting to get some more better gigs (for the area) and I never fell out with anyone until I started to do ‘well’…then people got jealous and started making stuff up…

There’s a saying in England that those that build you up, knock you down, and in my experience that’s true. I’m not bitter about not DJ’ing any more, I gave that up years ago, but I am annoyed that those small-minded bitter little fucks ‘continue’ to give me a hard time about stuff that happened (in fact in nearly all cases didn’t even happen, lying c**ts), around fifteen years ago. There are some seriously deluded people on that local music scene in Hull, who think that their opinions count for everything, in fact some of them believe they are ‘everyone’, and they certainly know how to spin a lie.

Anyway I’m tired of being public enemy numero uno, for things I never did, with people I no longer care about.

If you’re reading this and you knew me 15 years ago from ‘those days’, get in touch and say hi, I’ve no problem with you.

The rest of you can fall in the fucking River Humber.

No comments:

Post a Comment