June 14, 2010

(Some) Korean Taxi Drivers Are C***s!

 

OK, most of them are nice, honest, and above all, cheap. The basic fare here is just over a quid, which will cover the first couple of miles easily. Overall, I would say that taxis here are a third of the price of back home (UK).

 

However, a few of them are utter c*nts. Some won't stop if they see you are a foreigner. On Saturday, I was in Yongsan in Seoul, and there was a taxi rank at either side of a busy four lane road. I jumped in the front taxi at our side with my two American friends, to be told that, where we were going, we need to use the other rank. So out we got, crossed the road, only to be told the same thing at the other side/rank!!

 

Now I'm not paranoid, this was simply Korean taxi drivers taking the fucking rise out of us indeed a couple of them who were standing near their taxis were audibly laughing at us.

 

This is not the first time I have had trouble with taxi drivers here I nearly got into a fight with one who tried to charge me 20 000won, (about a tenner) to go about a mile this is ten times what the normal fare would have been. I got, let's say, fucking furious, and got my money back after an extremely heated exchange.

 

Others have taken one look at me and just driven straight by. Wankers.

 

I'd like to take some revenge on them somehow, especially the Yongsan ones - nothing sinister, just a 'last laugh' kind of thing. Perhaps I'll leaflet drop the area, telling people to beware of the taxi drivers in the area, and advise them not to use the rank. (I probably won't bother, but I fucking feel like I ought to!).

 

Taxis here are safe, cheap, and plentiful, but there's the odd few drivers who deserve a little bit of comeuppance

1 comment:

  1. Our main objective is to make everyone travel in style and luxury. We manage to provide you high end, high class, silver cab rental service.
    silver service cabs Melbourne

    ReplyDelete