September 04, 2010

Things That Annoy Me Part 1067

Automatic Doors.

Why do we have automatic/electric doors? Was a simple door not good enough? OK, OK, you might be wondering what I have against automatic doors. Well, they break your stride. You have to wait that split second while it notices your approach and opens. In short, automatic doors slow you down.

The other day I was entering the bakery downstairs from my apartment – the automatic door was open, I entered, and it closed on me. It took an almighty shove for it to reopen. Cue anger. That’s another thing, if they are already open, they close when you approach. There is no need whatsoever for automatic doors. They are a pain in the neck (sometimes literally) and slow you down.

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree..i hate when i have to wait for the freakin door to open

    ReplyDelete